• DEC # 13VH02010700 | NJDEP # US 243905 | A-901 # SW 2966 | NJDEP LAB # 13035
    Radon# MIB#93612
255 Squankum Road
Farmingdale, NJ 07727

MOLD

Certified Environmental has PMII Certified Mold Inspectors and Remediators!

In other words, there’s no reason to look any further than Certified Environmental.

Certified Environmental specializes in all aspects of mold inspections and mold remediation in NJ. Certified Environmental can provide a comprehensive mold inspection of your property to assess the potential for mold growth as well as to confirm the presence of harmful mold species. A comprehensive mold inspection report is provided.

Mold Inspections/Sampling

Not all mold is harmful. Certified can collect a sample of any mold observed and have it analyzed to confirm whether any type of mold mitigation is necessary.

Should mold mitigation be necessary, Certified will provide you with a proposal with options for mitigation and work with you to complete all necessary tasks in an efficient and cost-effective manner.

Mold Mitigation

Certified Environmental will mobilize to the property and complete any necessary mold mitigation. Projects are coordinated with the property owner to safely complete necessary mold mitigation and treat conditions that led to mold growth. Successful mitigation is confirmed with post-mitigation sampling.

A comprehensive mold remediation report is provided following successful mitigation.

Mold Basics and Frequently Asked Questions

Why is mold growing in my home?
Molds are part of the natural environment. Outdoors, molds play a part in nature by breaking down dead organic matter such as fallen leaves and dead trees, but indoors, mold growth should be avoided. Molds reproduce by means of tiny spores; the spores are invisible to the naked eye and float through outdoor and indoor air. Mold may begin growing indoors when mold spores land on surfaces that of them will grow without water or moisture.

Can mold cause health problems?
Molds are usually not a problem indoors, unless mold spores land on a wet or damp spot and begin growing. Molds have the potential to cause health problems. Molds produce allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions), irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances (mycotoxins).

Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Allergic responses include hay fever-type symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash (dermatitis). Allergic reactions to mold are common. They can be immediate or delayed. Molds can also cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic to mold. In addition, mold exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mold-allergic and non-allergic people. Symptoms other than the allergic and irritant types are not commonly reported as a result of inhaling mold.

How do I get rid of mold?
It is impossible to get rid of all mold and mold spores indoors; some mold spores will be found floating through the air and in house dust. The mold spores will not grow if moisture is not present. Indoor mold growth can and should be prevented or controlled by controlling moisture indoors. If there is mold growth in your home, you must clean up the mold and fix the water problem. If you clean up the mold, but don’t fix the water problem, then, most likely, the mold problem will come back.

Helpful Links:

Centers for Disease Control
https://www.cdc.gov/mold/stachy.htm

EPA
https://www.epa.gov/mold/brief-guide-mold-moisture-and-your-home

WE WILL BEAT ANY COMPETITORS WRITTEN ESTIMATE!